Recent Talks and Presentations
- July 15-16, 2017. Singularity U Global Solutions Program, Inventing the Future: Getting Started Workshop (slides)
- February 2016, AsianPLoP 2016. Keynote: New Patterns for a New Computing Era, slides(PDF)
- February 2016, Forward JS Conference, Making a Standard: Inside the ECMAScript Sausage Factory, slides(PDF)
- November 2015, View Source Conference, ECMAScript 2015: What Took It So Long? video, slides (PDF)
- April 2015, Philly ETE, ECMAScript 6: A Better Smalltalk for the Ambient Computing Era, video, slides.
- November 2014, Smalltalks 2014,
- December 2011, YOW!, The Web Browser is a Transitional Technology (video), slides (PDF 53MB). Also see the Channel 9 video of me and Rob Manson chatting at YOW!
- September 2011, Strangeloop 2011 keynote, “Post-PC Computing” Is Not a Vision (video) , slides (PDF, 55MB)
- June 2011, Agile Portugal invited talk: Is the Browser a Transitional Technology?
- October 2010, Dynamic Language Symposium invited talk: Mainstreaming Dynamic Languages
Various audio/visual interviews or conversations involving me and hopefully interesting technical topics.
This is a 2011 Microsoft Channel9 video featuring myself and Rob Manson having a conversation at the YOW! 2011 conference in Melburne.
This is a 2010 Microsoft Channel9 video featuring myself and Chris Wilson talking about ECMAScript 5 and its support in Microsoft Internet Explorer 9. It’s about 40 minutes in length and I ended up doing most of the talking. Both Chris and I left Microsoft shortly after this so I suppose this was our last official gig as as Microsoft spokesgeeks.
This is a 2007 audio only conversation where I talk about the the history and impact of Smalltalk. Particularly about the Tektronix/Instantiations/Digitalk part of the Smalltalk story. I don’t recall everything we talked about but I sure there is lots of interesting details for programming language history buffs.